From the late 1960s, a well-made pant suit in burgundy pinwale corduroy so fine, it feels like velvet.
- Amazing jacket has asymmetrical zipper closure, decorative button straps at wrists, functional zip pocket, and iconic wide, double collar.
- Sleek trousers have concealed front zip closure
- Both pieces are unlined and nicely finished.
- Made and purchased in France, in 1968 or '69, according to the original owner
- Color is a deep, rich, wine red (burgundy), similar to, but less brown and more red than Pantone "Winery" (19-1537 TCX). Some of our photos have been lightened to show detail.
- Coordinating velvet casquette or Gatsby style hat, purchased by the original owner to match the pantsuit, available here.
Labels: None remain -- the original owner, a family friend, tells us she removed all labels from her Parisian purchases to avoid the customs fees when she returned to New York! Naughty girl.
Fiber/Care: no tags, cotton / potentially washable (separately, as anything red or purple tends to bleed, cool water, flat/hang dry), but recommend dry-cleaning
Condition: Excellent, with minor signs of wear. The trousers/pants are ever so slightly lighter in color than the jacket. We'd bet that's due to being worn and cleaned more often.
*This 1970s bellbottom pants and jacket set has been professionally dry-cleaned and is ready to wear.*
waist: 30"/76cm (maybe a smidge larger)
hips across seat: 41"/104cm
front rise (crotch seam to waist): 11.5"/29cm
back rise (crotch seam to waist): 14.5"/36.5cm
inseam (down inside of leg): 29.5"/75cm + 2.25"/5.5cm hem
outseam (down outside of full length): 40"/101.5cm
width across bottom of leg: 14"/35.5cm
Both jacket and pants are clipped to fit our mannequin, Delphine, who is skinny and nearly 6 feet tall, with not much of a booty.
☞ Our items are not newly manufactured "vintage style" pieces. They are true vintage, at least 30 years old. Please read condition report provided above. ☜
Notes: International customers are responsible for any taxes or import fees. We are happy to offer a discount if you'd like to purchase the pantsuit and hat together. Please inquire.