70s Black Sequined Shirtwaist Party Dress
From the 1970s, simple cut meets over-the-top fabric.
- Sheer black fabric entirely covered in alternating, zig-zag rows of sequins and metallic chain-stitched yarn.
- Dress closes down the front placket with strong, fabric-covered snaps.
- The 10 satin-covered buttons are decorative (no buttonholes).
- Cream satin collar and french-style cuffs with two-snap closure.
- Thread loops hold attached, black satin belt with permanently knotted bow.
- Waist closes at front at either of two double sets of hooks&eyes.
- Acetate lining at bodice and skirt.
- Union made in the U.S.A.
Labels: only a care and 1974-'95 Union label remain
Fiber/Care: unknown, feels like a woven nylon with acetate lining and synthetic satins, dry-clean
Condition: the waist hooks&eyes had been moved, so we left those and added another set in the original spot (handy if you plan to eat at the party!), there is some minor discoloration at the collar crease and cuffs, we've tidied up the loose threads at the neck where a few sequins are missing (photo was taken beforehand)
*This dress has been professionally dry-cleaned and is ready to wear.*
shoulders: 15.25" (38.5cm)
sleeves: 23" (58cm)
bust: 36" (91.5cm) plus darts
29.5" (75cm) at smaller setting,
31" (78.5cm) at larger setting
hips: 40" (101.5cm)
length: 42.5" (108cm) nape to hem
☞ Our items are not newly manufactured "vintage style" pieces. They are true vintage, at least 30 years old. Please read condition report provided above. ☜
Notes: International customers are responsible for any taxes or import fees.
- For help with sizing, please visit the FITTING ROOM.
- Ask us a question about this item.