From 1971, a superbly crafted Italian leather handbag of highest quality.
- Rich brown suede with smooth leather trim.
- Cross-body messenger styling converts to a shoulder bag by adjusting the strap to any of several lengths.
- Solid brass hardware.
- Main section locks with a brass key, which hangs from its original string.
- Interior is fully lined in a soft, light-colored natural leather (appears to be pigskin).
- Single inner pocket has brass zipper with Serapian logo fob.
- Entire back of purse flips open at snap closure to reveal two deep pockets beneath a snap closure and two brass-zippered pockets -- one full depth, one half depth.
This Serapian Italian handbag was purchased by my father for my mother, in late 1971, at Lederer de Paris, NYC. It was a gift celebrating the birth of my baby brother. What we'd now call a "push" gift. I know, because I was there. It was a good day.
Labels: on back of lock - Serapian, stamped in gold on interior - Lederer Made in Italy
Fiber/Care: suede and smooth leather, brass
Condition: the lock could use a bit of polish, the lining has separated along the length of one short side (easily fixed), there is an extra Serapian logo fob inside one of the interior zippered pockets
bag - 8" (20cm) wide x 10" (25.5cm) high x 2" (5cm) deep
strap - 5/8" (1.25cm) wide, with drop adjustable from 8-15" (20-38cm)
☞ Our items are not newly manufactured "vintage style" pieces. They are true vintage, at least 30 years old. Please read condition report provided above. ☜
Notes: International customers are responsible for any taxes or import fees.