A mid-victorian robe or dressing gown in crisp, white cotton.
- full front placket with hand-sewn buttonholes and original shell buttons
- semi-attached lining at front and back bodice (for modesty and warmth)
- broderie anglaise and ruched trim
- slightly longer in back
- feels wonderful (so romantic!)
From my personal collection.
Fiber/Care: cotton / delicate wash hang or flat dry
Condition: Scattered small holes have been repaired. The fabric is strong and sound and you can wear this robe as you would a modern robe, although you'll look (and feel) much better -- no yucky, ocean-polluting synthetic fleece here! There's slight yellowing to the fabric, as you'd expect with a garment this old. A long and careful bath should leave it sparkling white, but I never felt the need as it's delightful as is. The bottom three buttons are missing. Easily replaced if you feel the need.
*This antique victorian dressing gown is freshly laundered and ready to wear.*
- should fit a range of sizes, depending how you like your loungewear to fit. -
shoulders (dropped, as was the fashion): 22"/55.5cm
length: 54"/137cm in front, 56"/142.25cm in back
☞ Our items are not newly manufactured "vintage style" pieces. They are true vintage, at least 30 years old. Please read condition report provided above. ☜
Notes: Significant shipping overages (where applicable) will be refunded. International customers are responsible for any taxes or import fees.