For your Little Lord Fauntleroy, a cotton velvet sailor suit from the early 20th century.
- Consists of a long sleeve, snap-front, sailor-style top that securely buttons at the waist to matching shorts, keeping the look effortlessly neat and tidy.
- Soft cotton velvet in rich brown is unlined, with smooth interior.
- Shorts close with the buttons at the waist, sides overlapping.
- Lovingly made with hand-sewn buttonholes.
- Sailor suits of this type were popular from the mid-Victorian era through the 1940s. This one is no older than Edwardian, but the exact age is unknown.
- Perfect for holidays, special occasions, or keepsake photos.
Labels: none - probably home sewn
Fiber/Care: no tags, cotton velvet / dry-clean
Condition: Presents beautifully. Strong and wearable by your modern toddler or pre-schooler. Close inspection reveals color shift at the upper back and some wear and tear to the collar's trim. Note that the intentional zig-zag cut edge of the top, which does not show when the suit is worn, is typical of these sets and does not mean the suit is unfinished.
*We've had this antique velvet shorts suit professionally dry-cleaned and it's ready to wear.*
- we estimate this will fit a large toddler or small preschooler, but please carefully refer to the provided measurements -
SAILOR TOP -
length (to edge): 12.5"/31.75cm
waist (buttoned): 23"/58cm
front rise: 8.5"/21.5cm
back rise: 10.5"/26.5cm
☞ Our items are not newly manufactured "vintage style" pieces. They are true vintage, at least 30 years old. Please read condition report provided above. ☜
Notes: International customers are responsible for any taxes or import fees.