From the late 1960s, a burgundy velvet casquette hat to wear straight on or at a jaunty angle.
- Cotton velvet with silky white fabric lining.
- Soft and very comfortable to wear.
- The original owner, a family friend, tells us she purchased it to match the burgundy bellbottom pinwale pantsuit available here.
- Made and purchased in France.
- This cap style is known by several names, including casquette, Gatsby, newsboy, gavroche (6-panel), and Irish. We just call it totally mod.
- Cap is a deep wine burgundy, not raspberry or pink at all. Photo on live model lightened to show detail.
Labels: none remain
Materials: no tags, cotton velvet
Condition: only very minor signs of wear to the velvet. nice and clean.
crown height: ~4"/ 10cm (it's soft and pliable)
brim at widest point: 3"/7.5cm
inner circumference: 21.5"/54.5cm
☞ Our items are not newly manufactured "vintage style" pieces. They are true vintage, at least 30 years old. Please read condition report provided above. ☜
Notes: International customers are responsible for any taxes or import fees. This item ships free with any additional purchase. We are happy to offer a discount if you would like to purchase the hat and pantsuit together. Please inquire.